£31,775 (Rising to £33,825 after 3 months)
We have an opportunity to join a national manufacturing group in the Newport area as a Multskilled Maintenance Engineer, to be responsible for the machinery, plant equipment, site structures, car parks, utilities and landscapes.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- To maintain all plant, machinery and equipment so as to ensure complete availability to meet production demands at all times.
- To run and control daily maintenance of all machinery and equipment within set budgets
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised.
- Carrying out maintenance in Low Risk, High Care and High Risk environments
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment complies with the Health and Safety regulations
- To keep an inventory of spares on site and to maintain a stock at a reasonable limit and within budget.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager evaluate any new machinery or equipment to assess suitability and cost
- Carry out regular and routine site checks including plant rooms, all site structures, car parks and landscape to assess for damage
- Maintain and regularly audit all site security measures including all gates, fences, doorways, locks, alarm systems, CCTV and access control systems
- Maintain and regularly audit the site for Health and Safety compliance
- Provide good reporting and communication between Production, the Engineering team, and Engineering management,
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Relevant HNC/ONC Qualification or apprenticeship
- Experience of PLC, Refrigeration, Control Voltages, 3 Phase Distribution.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Bias towards Electrical is desirable
Based on a 2 Rotation of Afternoons, Days, Nights
By applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Focused Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies we feel may be suitable for you.
We will not present your CV to any clients without your explicit consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest, if you are unavailable we will leave a message, YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress any further.
Focused Recruitment are a multi award winning independent recruitment agency covering South Wales and the South West. As a service driven company we are fully committed to working with clients and candidates that share this value. We consistently place the right people, into the right companies, with the right roles to fulfil their career aspirations.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'