Ocado - Erith
Our new, state-of-the-art Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent is 563,000 square feet. It boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado.
At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 200,000 customer orders a week at Erith, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Warehouse Team Managers.
The Engineering Team are responsible for all the day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities as well as improvement works at the Customer Fulfilment Centre on MHE such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc.
The role will involve:
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
When do I need to work?
Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts on a panama shift rota.
Ocado is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery supermarket, unique and completely independent, focusing on the home delivery of high-quality food, drink and household goods. We’ve won countless consumer awards for our incredible, customer-centric business.
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- Childcare vouchers and numerous local discounts/benefits
- 48 hours per week (Nights or Days Fixed)
- Rostered shift pattern working any 4 days out of 7
- Career Progression
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"