POSITION: Multipoint Gluer Operator
SALARY: Salary up to 21.5k
HOURS: Working 6-2 and 2-10 Monday-Friday shifts
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To manufacture or assist in the manufacture of corrugated packaging to high quality print specifications.
- Checking print quality and that the product makes up correctly and is fit for purpose.
- Taking dimensional measurements and associating these with products specifications, ensuring products are within tolerance of customer expectations.
- Cleaning and maintaining machinery.
- Setting machinery both via a computer and manually.
- Demonstrating flexibility in operating a variety of machinery proficiently.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained throughout production process.
- Look to help your Team Leader improve on all KPI’s with effective utilisation of labour and resources.
- Minimise downtime by forward planning to ensure all materials are available well in advance.
- To help utilise allocated labour to the best effect in order to achieve identified priorities.
- Work with your Team Leader on process/continuous improvement projects.
- To help your Team Leader co-ordinate labour over meal breaks and ensure allocated break times are adhered to.
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is vital that all colleagues recognise and acknowledge they have responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Health and safety is an integral part of our clients activities and all colleagues are expected to play their part in creating a safe working environment.
You are required to report any accident, hazard or near miss or faulty equipment to your manager.
You are required to comply with management in all health and safety matters.
- To ensure all health & safety remains a high priority among the shift.
- Ensure guarding and other safety devices are fit for purpose and in good working order, also recording all guard and emergency stop checks.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions or breaches of regulations to the shift supervisor ensuring that crews are following the safe working practices.
- Involvement in the review process of all associated SSOW and completion of any Risk Assessments.
- Support the management team to bring a step change in the perception and understanding of Health & Safety issues in their designated areas.
- To establish and maintain quality awareness for raw sheet, work in progress and finished goods within the team.
- Ensure rejects are identified and located in the appropriate area and dealt with in line with company procedure, and communicated to the Team Leader.
- Monitor all associated paperwork for compliance.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve quality for our customers and the site.
- To develop zero defects production by building an understanding of quality within the team, ensuring quality procedures are followed and continuous improvement.
HYGIENE, HOUSEKEEPING & ENVIRONMENT
- Ensure you are not contravening compliance standards for BRC (Basic Hygiene) operating procedures, maintaining Good Hygiene and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Manage and monitor temporary staff working within your crews, ensuring they are compliant with basic hygiene.
- Monitor and intervene (where necessary) contractors and visitors to ensure compliance with hygiene controls and awareness.
- Ensure Housekeeping standards are complied with, in particular ‘clean as you go’ policy and line clearance procedure.
- Control waste segregation.
- Promote reduction of energy wastage on machines by reporting air leaks, supporting your Team Leader to shut off radios/conveyors/fans during teas breaks, shift changeovers and close downs.
Report, in a timely manner any blocked drains/waste control issue.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Multipoint gluer operator: Press Operative: Print: Printer: Printing: Print Technician: Packaging: Gluer: Manufacture: Manufacturing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'