Multimodal Operations Coordinator (Junior) - Freight Forwarding
Working in a busy operational department, taking ownership of files from start - finish. Servicing customers on a daily basis meeting all of their requirements from an operational perspective.
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Freight is moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation and a record is kept of all daily events and interactive reports.
- Arrange haulage with airlines/shipping line/hauliers.
- All freight is invoiced and checked prior to dispatch.
- Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand as required.
- Requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
- Communication with overseas agents, customers and suppliers is clear precise and effective to ensure that the freight is moved as per customer requirements.
- Accurate & timely reporting/escalation to department manager.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience in freight forwarding - somebody that knows the basics, the rest will be taught
- Experience of managing client/customer relations with strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst retaining the capacity to remain calm under pressure and resolve problems and challenges efficiently.
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- Import Export
- Air Freight
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'