Major Projects Multi Utility Electrical Design Engineer
Location: East Midlands or North West England
Salary: Depending on experience plus company car
They are responsible for the Infrastructure Installations for a range of clients who see them as market leaders. They are currently about to embark on an extraordinary journey of growth and new market exploration, and they are looking or the right people to be part of their future.
Your new role
* As an Electrical Designer / Utilities Designer you will be responsible for the design of gas/water/electrical supplies on projects ranging from £50k to £3 million across the UK.
* The majority of the design work will be biased towards electricity, however a good understanding or willingness to learn about gas / water supplies is essential.
* Ownership of assigned projects throughout the design phase of works.
* Production / coordination of MU designs for assigned projects from instruction to commence through to design approval from the adopting authorities.
* Ongoing support to tendering and operations teams to ensure projects are estimated and delivered correctly.
* Adherence to design processes and wider company process / policies.
* Ongoing update of the MMS (Matrix Management System) for all projects within your portfolio.
* Participation in regular update meetings for assigned projects.
* Issue of regular standard-form update reports to customers during design phase.
* Maintaining own competence in accordance with statutory authority policies and updates, legislative changes and customer requirements.
* Prepare and place orders for major plant and long lead items.
* Comparison of quotations against project budget and appropriate action thereafter (investigation of alternative suppliers, possible redesign).
* Ongoing completion and update of design risk assessments.
* Ensure a comprehensive handover of approved projects to the operations team.
* Manage any changes in design scope, informing all affected parties and updating designs.
* Produce / coordinate financial variations for changes in scope
What you'll need to succeed
* Eligibility to work in the UK, no sponsorship will be offered
* Technically qualified with an HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a relevant qualification in Construction.
* S/NVQ Level 3 in Network Mains Design/CABWI Level 3 - Diploma - Designing Water Networks.
* City & Guilds 5831-80 qualification in Gas Network Design covering three Mandatory Units (below) and one optional unit.
* Unit 302 - Create designs for gas pipelines
* Unit 304 - Evaluate designs for gas pipelines
* Unit 307 - Complete designs for gas pipelines
* Qualification in technical drawing.
* Certificated in Health and Safety Awareness.
* Detailed knowledge of industry network design standards (e.g. G81 appendices).
* Adequate knowledge of regulatory aspects (P2/7, ESQCR).
* Working knowledge of all operational plant and equipment used or installed on site.
* Knowledge of Construction Health and Safety and its practical implications.
* Knowledge and experience of working within the current CDM regulations.
* Experienced in design work on all electrical voltages from 400V up to 11kV.
* Experienced in design work on all gas mains & services up to a pressure of 7 barg.
* Experienced in design work on all water mains & services up to a pressure of 16 barg =315mm Dia Pipe.
What you'll get in return
* Up to £50,000pa depending on experience
* Car / Car Allowance
* 22 days holidays + bank holidays
* Company pension contribution
* Remote working available 2-3 days / week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV , or call our Senior Business Manager Richard Nield now on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Multi Utility
- Electrical design
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'