Multi Skilled Operative with a Roofer Trade
Full Time – 6 - 12 Month Contract - £31,015.84 per annum - 42.5 hours per week.
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a multi skilled operative to join our repairs and maintenance division.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm’s Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced multi skilled operative whose specialist area is within Roofing. Part of a Repairs and Maintenance team, you will be undertaking high standard Roof repairs and refurbishment activities to Housing properties, delivering best in class customer service and satisfying all safety, quality and cost control standards. You will deal with any high level works such as guttering, fascias, soffitts, felting, tiling, etc. You will have a certified core trade in Roofing and to a high standard in accordance with agreed standard operating procedures. Take ownership in undertaking construction, fault finding and maintenance repairs aiming for a first time completion whilst remaining within budget and time parameters.
You will also be expected to carry out any multi trade work such as joinery and plumbing, plastering and decorating, etc
- Ideally previous domestic, social housing experience
- A relevant trade qualification or extensive “on the job” experience
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £31,015.84
- 25 days annual leave (based on full-time hours)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Sarah Tarry at Mears Group, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'