Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Lancaster Way, Ely - Covering Ely and surrounding areas
£27,167 per annum (rising to £28,597 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Multi-Trade Operative to join our well established maintenance team in Ely. Covering Ely and the surrounding areas you will be working within a team, on a variety of tasks, with a focus to provide true customer service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding and individual effort is recognised.
The role of Multi-Trade Operative will include:
- Using carpentry and plumbing skills to complete construction, fault fixing and maintenance duties
- Handling complaints and breakdowns in services to meet customer expectations
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained and stocks are replaced as needed
- Resolving problems for customers where possible or escalating to the appropriate team
- Using a Smartphone/PDA to manage day to day workload
Skills and experiences:
- Previous Multi-Trade experience gained within a construction/building/maintenance background covering at least 2 trades
- Primary skills in carpentry and plumbing
- Awareness of health and safety and working legislations
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
- In accordance with the Group’s commitment to reduce our carbon footprint, preferred applicants will live within a 30 miles radius of Ely
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 24 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'