**Are you currently looking for a fresh, new opportunity for the New Year?**
Look no further. Great opportunity for a
Multi skilled Shift Technician
OVERALL FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF JOB
- To carry out breakdown and planned maintenance work as required by the Engineering Workshop Supervisor. This requires mechanical, electrical, instrumentation diagnostic and repair skills in accordance with competence experience and trained ability.
- To ensure all jobs are completed on time or left fully handed over in a safe manner.
- To ensure the highest housekeeping standards are maintained.
- To ensure quality standards are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the work is electronically updated on the SAP system.
- Responsible to the Workshop supervisor.
- The shift Team Leader will direct breakdown maintenance outside the workshop supervisors working hours.
- To assist in supervising any contractors and service companies as directed by the workshop supervisor.
- Handing over fully to oncoming technicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Become familiar with and apply the Company Policy Statement. This includes the Health and Safety Policy Statement, Environmental Policy and the Responsible Care Statement.
- Be fully conversant with and work to site safety rules and procedures, according to SHE goals and expectations. This will include work permits PIR's, PPE, etc.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping in the workplace and the site in general.
- Follow advice given in Company Engineering Standards, Safety Procedures and Chemical Data Sheet files. Which are located on the document controller system.
- Work to standards set by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Inform supervisors and fellow employees of any safety hazards.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Contribute to risk assessments.
- Suggest improvements in the safety of operational procedures to the workshop supervisor.
- Follow advice given in the Company Environmental Standards file.
- Ensure good working practice and plant control such that all releases to atmosphere/effluent are minimized.
- Report any spillage/discharge to supervision immediately.
- Understand the Company Quality Policy and work towards the overall objective that our products are delivered at the right quality, on time, every time.
- Liaise with Team Leader or Workshop Supervisor regarding job issues and completion of maintenance jobs.
- Report any observed deficiencies or requirements concerning site engineering matters.
- Accept call outs for emergency assistance when possible.
- Complete priority jobs outside normal working hours when possible.
- Operate the stores control system as required.
- Accept training in skills required to carry out maintenance functions as agreed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation minimum.
Core electrical qualifications must include:
IEE 17th Edition
A minimum of five years' experience in the process, chemical or allied industries.
Motor control DOL and VSD:
- Conversant with DOL and variable speed motor controls with either manual or automatic PLC controls
- Ability to configure variable speed drive systems desirable.
- formally trained and experienced in selection of equipment suitable for hazardous areas - COMPEX accreditation is desired - and if not accredited must be prepared to train to COMPEX installer standard.
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk