Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Results Focused, Building Capability, Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills, Customer Focus, Managing Change, Influential Communication and Impact and Working the Greggs Way
- Educated to a minimum ONC standard or equivalent experience (with an understanding of how a Bakery Engineering function works)
- A recognised qualification in an electrical / mechanical engineering discipline.
- Proven fault-finding expertise on a variety of complex equipment ideally within the food industry
- Experience of working to planned maintenance schedules
- Multi Skilled both electrically and mechanical
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Hours: average 42 hours
Shifts: 2 shift rotating pattern
Our bakeries are ingenious feats of engineering. Led by the Engineering Manager and working alongside a close-knit team, you’ll split your time between stopping problems before they happen with meticulous maintenance, and reacting to breakdowns quickly and effectively. Positive and enthusiastic, you will easily engage with the site teams, monitor plant performance and help to improve our processes, all in line with our policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of all plant machinery, production facilities and equipment on site.
- Participates in the projects to improve the safety and operation of equipment and minimise future maintenance requirements
- Coordinates maintenance and project activities with all relevant parties
- Follows all Company procedures regarding site safety and risk management
- Builds effective working relationships with production colleagues
- Collects, maintains and analyses information to establish operating patterns/trends
- Analyses, diagnoses and interprets findings and takes appropriate action to resolve the issue
- Ensures own and others activities comply with agreed Food Safety and Health and Safety standards
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 17 days plus floating day, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please complete your application online at .
If you would like to have an informal chat with regards to the role please call Bhadar Singh, Engineering Manager on
Closing date for applications: 16th December 2019
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.