THOMAS Recruitment are exclusively recruiting for a Multi-skilled Shift Engineer. Our client, are a prosperous family-owned business, which has been making health and beauty products for over 100 years, they invest heavily in their people, relationships, brands and assets.
This is a PERMANENT position working Monday to Friday on a shift basis, 5:30am to 13:30pm and 2pm to 10pm. (40 hours P/W)
- 16.6% shift allowance.
- 25 days holiday per year (usually 3 days to be taken during the Christmas shutdown) plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays.
- Workplace Pension Scheme (Employee & Company Contributions).
- Free Life Assurance Scheme (up to 6 times annual salary).
- Lifestyle Benefits scheme (up to £200 a year on Lifestyle and Personal Development).
The Successful Candidate:
- Relevant Engineering qualifications (electrical)
- Experience of working in the Pharmaceutical/ Food sector
- Production line/ Manufacturing industry experience.
- Management level experience.
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft office software.
- Ensure high quality standards and hygiene are maintained.
- To ensure that all site equipment runs at maximum efficiency. To attend to breakdowns promptly and ensure that all work orders and planned maintenance tasks are completed within agreed time frame.
- Deliver training and support to move towards minor maintenance tasks being undertaken by operator level functions.
- Support all aspects of the operation to ensure products are manufactured in a safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- You will also be required carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by lead engineer, production or shift managers or other members of the site management team.
- Plan and complete tasks for self from PPM and Manufacturers schedules, support production, with ideas and initiatives to optimise line efficiency, complete relevant documentation in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- To carry out all internally generated work orders derived from planned maintenance inspections, Health & Safety audits and engineering requests and provide feedback to relevant personnel on issues and/or completion of tasks.
- Assist with Instruction and demonstration of efficient machine operation with production, hygiene and technical as required, and to carry out specific maintenance projects as may be requested from time to time.
- Flexibility will be required in order to meet the requirements of the business and could include occasional weekend working and bank holiday.
- Highly Ambitious
- Working Experience