We are looking for an ambitious Multi Skilled Technician with an Electrical Bias who is seeking a challenging and rewarding role at the heart of our business at our Llantarnam Manufacturing Site. You will provide a timely and effective engineering service to our customers in production whilst ensuring safety, quality and hygiene standards are met.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan contained within the CMMS
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required, via the CMMS
- Report in a comprehensive manner via the CMMS, all work activities carried out on a daily/shift basis
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel
- Provide a service that meets food safety standards, whilst maintaining standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as possible ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient
- Train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques
- Maximise the use of the labour and skills available by being flexible in terms of work allocation and scheduling within the team
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance
- Must be able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI’s to maximise business performance
- The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to HNC standard (or equivalent) or higher in Electrical Engineering is essential
- Time-served with electrical bias to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- Post apprenticeship, preferably in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment (food environment preferable)
- A proven practitioner of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Must have a proven ability in diagnostic fault finding under pressure of production
- Must have proven experience in PLC Control systems, and PLC fault finding experience in AB PLC5, SLC500, Control Logix, Compact Logix, Factory Talk View, RS Networks (including Ethernet, DeviceNet communications)
- Familiarity with the use of PC equipment is essential
- Proven experience of working with the AB PowerFlex range of AC Inverters
- Familiar with TPM principles including 5S.Use of CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems) ideally SAP, but not essential
- Experience of Siemens S5/S7, PLC systems would be an advantage
- Trained to the 17th Edition Electrical Regulations would be an advantage
- An experience of fault finding on refrigeration plant would be an advantage
- Familiarity with ABB Robotic Technology would be an advantage
Why Burton’s Biscuit Company
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone - the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a 'treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
Our forward-thinking strategy historically led to some impressive results with Burton’s Biscuit Company transforming its portfolio shape and profitability since 2009. We hope to accelerate our portfolio transformation and growth further by expanding into adjacent categories, new geographic territories and through synergistic bolt-on mergers and acquisitions.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy to work in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'