Multi Skilled Operative
Permanent + Full Time + £30,000 Basic Salary + Call out + Van + Fuel Card
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a multi skilled operative to join our MPS Housing division.
Please Note – You will be responsible for covering the following geographical areas AL, HP, LE, LU, PE, NN, MK, SG. Ideally you live around the Milton Keynes, / Stevenage areas as this provides better access across the region
Who are we?
MPS has been caring for residents’ homes for over 25 years. As part of the Mears Group we offer partnership solutions and expertise in estate management and property maintenance.
We deliver a range of property services, including delivering reactive repairs, planned and cyclical maintenance services to over 100 local authorities and housing providers nationwide.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced multi skilled operative to join our expanding team to work within a busy repairs & maintenance team. You will be working on individual jobs carrying out repairs and rectifying any defects to ensure our clients receive a high-quality service.
What you need to have:
- Previous experience in plumbing and Joinery are essential and preferably, tiling, plastering and decorating, however, we will consider applicants with experience across a mix of all trades.
- Ideally previous domestic, social housing experience
- A relevant trade qualification or extensive “on the job” experience
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £30,000 per annum + call outs (this boosts up your salary quite considerably)
- 20 days annual leave (based on full-time hours)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Sarah Tarry in the Mears Group recruitment team, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'