Location: Exeter, South West
E.ON Community Energy (CE) is one of the UK’s leaders in district heating. We create value for developers, businesses and residents – from sustainability and reliability, to fair pricing and reduced carbon emissions. This industry is already well established in international markets, and at E.ON, we’re leading its development in the UK.
Right now, we’re looking for 2 Multi-Skilled Operatives to join our CE team. This is a site based role to ensure the successful completion of a variety of skilled activities on CE Schemes in the South West. You will assist the Site Manager to ensure that a variety of site based tasks are delivered in accordance with the specification whilst maintaining safety, health, environmental and technical quality standards. You will ensure that the project achieves the required design, specifications and complies with regulatory and legislative requirements in addition to ensuring all work is checked and in line with the CE quality plan as stipulated by the Senior Project Manager.
Community Energy is a rapidly growing business with both a technically and geographically diverse range of operational assets. Here you’ll complete a variety of skilled activities, making this an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Here’s what you need to have:
- An appropriate CSCS card.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Willing to complete E.ON training to improve skill set.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Willing to travel if necessary to fulfil labour requirements on other E.ON CE projects.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including the ability to negotiate with others to ensure the most effective delivery of the programme.
It would be great if you had:
- Appropriate training and experience in operating a 360 Excavator (above & below 10t).
- Appropriate training and experience in operating a Dumper.
- Knowledge or experience of district heating networks.
- Good numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and information and then present it logically and clearly.
- A First Aid at work qualification.
- Site based CPCS Training.
- The ability to Band muff all necessary joints to E.ON specification.
What we’ll give you in return
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Generous pension scheme (with 2 for 1 contributions from E.ON up to 18%).
- Retail discounts and cashback.
- This role is based at Cranbrook Energy Centre, Honiton Road, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX5 2DX.
- You must be willing to travel if necessary to fulfil labour requirements on other E.ON CE projects.
- This role is offered on a fixed term contract basis for 12 months.
- There are 2 roles available.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS check is required.
- For more information on reasonable adjustments click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of thousands of people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.