Multi-Skilled Operative (MSO) – Nights
Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years’ experience. We are currently recruiting for a permanent Multi Skilled Operative to join our night team in Southampton. As a Multi Skilled Operative (MSO) you will be responsible for ensuring that our vehicles have their containers loaded and unloaded in a timely and effective manner, ensuring that health and safety is your number one priority.
This is a full time position working 55 hours per week (6pm - 6am Monday to Friday).
Key responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Operative:
- Ensure vehicles are serviced with the correct container in a timely manner
- Ensure containers are stacked in accordance with the safe system, in a safe manner
- Continually check containers from your vision point for damage and highlight any concerns
- Ensure hazardous containers are stacked separately
- Continually communicate with yardmen and container control to ensure efficient working and accuracy in terms of the correct container availability on time.
Requirements of the Multi Skilled Operative:
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Previous fork lift experience – desirable
- Container industry experience - desirable
- Must understand the importance of health and safety and be committed to upholding a safe approach to all tasks at all times.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and be eligible to join our stakeholder pension scheme. You will work for a company that is leading the container industry with confidence, providing first class service and a great employee experience.
Closing date: 14th February 2018.
CVs from agencies will not be accepted. We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date should a large number of applications be received.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Multi Skilled Operative role then please apply now!