Multi-Skilled Operative (MSO) – Nights
Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years’ experience. We are currently recruiting for a permanent Multi Skilled Operative to join our night team in Southampton. As a Multi Skilled Operative (MSO) you will be responsible for ensuring that our vehicles have their containers loaded and unloaded in a timely and effective manner, ensuring that health and safety is your number one priority.
This is a full time position working 55 hours per week (6pm - 6am Monday to Friday).
Key responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Operative:
- Ensure vehicles are serviced with the correct container in a timely manner
- Ensure containers are stacked in accordance with the safe system, in a safe manner
- Continually check containers from your vision point for damage and highlight any concerns
- Ensure hazardous containers are stacked separately
- Continually communicate with yardmen and container control to ensure efficient working and accuracy in terms of the correct container availability on time.
Requirements of the Multi Skilled Operative:
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Previous fork lift experience – desirable
- Container industry experience - desirable
- Must understand the importance of health and safety and be committed to upholding a safe approach to all tasks at all times.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and be eligible to join our stakeholder pension scheme. You will work for a company that is leading the container industry with confidence, providing first class service and a great employee experience.
Closing date: 14th February 2018.
CVs from agencies will not be accepted. We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date should a large number of applications be received.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Multi Skilled Operative role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job