Are you an experienced multi skilled technician with experience within an industrial manufacturing environment?
Are you looking to a join a multinational organisation with more than 3000 employees across 25 sites?
Our client are a leading speciality chemical manufacturer with a strong presence in the global market, they are looking to recruit an experienced multi skilled individual to work on a shift basis at their site in Harlow. The overall function of this role is to carry out reactive and planned maintenance work as required by the Engineering Workshop Supervisor. You will ensure all jobs are completed on time or left fully handed over in a safe manner.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be fully conversant with and work to site safety rules and procedures, according to SHE goals and expectations, including work permits, PIR’s, PPE etc.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping in the workplace and the site in general
- Contribute to risk assessments
- Liaise with Team Leader or Supervisors regarding job issues and completion of maintenance jobs
- Complete priority jobs outside of normal working hours when possible
- Operate the stores control systems as required
Ideal candidate will have the following key skills and attributes
- Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation
- Core electrical qualifications including; IEE 17th Edition, C&G Installers
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in the process, chemical or allied industries
- Conversant with DOL and variable speed motor controls with either manual or automatic PLC controls
- Ability to configure variable speed drive systems would also be beneficial
- Ideally you will also be formally trained and experienced in selection of equipment suitable for hazardous areas – COMPEX accreditation would be desirable
My client is offering a competitive salary and package, if this role is of interest please contact Stuart Tomkinson on or alternatively email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'