A world renowned Global Manufacturer of automotive components is looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join their team on a permanent basis in Newton Aycliffe. The Maintenance Technician will ideally have a background in the automotive or high volume manufacturing environment, and will be competent in delivering planned maintenance and be reactive responding to breakdowns.
- Responsible for the maintenance of assembly areas.
- Carry out fault finding activities and undertake timely repair of equipment within the Robotics, PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics areas.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance activities on automated production facilities.
- Carry out programming, fault diagnosis, servicing and repair of Motoman robots, rotary positioners and MIG spot welding equipment.
- Prepare technical reports to analyse breakdown causes and make recommendations on countermeasures.
- Support equipment commissioning and installation projects.
- Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times.
- Must have served a recognised Maintenance apprenticeship preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Educated to at least ONC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably on a multi skilled basis.
- Have multi-skilled maintenance experience (electrical biased) with automated robotic facilities with specific experience in PLC fault finding and/or programming.
- Have experience in welding technology and if possible the maintenance of welding equipment.
- Possess a good mechanical knowledge of CNC and other special purpose machines, including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Able to produce technical reports with good working knowledge of maintenance systems.
- Good working knowledge of Risk Assessment and safe cell entry.
- A good user of Microsoft Office and Pirana systems.
- A knowledge of Quality Management systems and process would be highly beneficial.
- Flexible, team orientated and self-motivated approach to work.
This role is offering a highly competitive salary package.
The role is permanent position which will involve a 3 shift pattern, (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am), please note in periods of peak production there may be continental shift patterns introduced.
THE POINT OF CONTACT
For more information on this role please contact Tony Hutchinson.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'