Our busy an expanding client is looking for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer. The job role consists of assisting maintenance and repair of machinery and facilities on the outskirts of Newmarket, Suffolk.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 6.00am to 14.30pm
40 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 21.00pm to 7.00am
- Perform preventative maintenance routines and condition monitoring of production machinery and facilities.
- Liaise closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and operations staff in all aspects to ensure efficient, effective and planned reactive maintenance at all times.
- Make safety inspections of tools and equipment.
- Diagnose faults and repair machines
- Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and to minimise downtime.
- Work to improve reliability and productivity of equipment.
- Complete written records of all maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology.
The right candidate will have:
- Good mechanical and electrical skills.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge, along with PLC, inverter, instrumentation
- Control experience
- Knowledge of various mechanical drive arrangements, including simplex, duplex, chain, belt, gearboxes and transmission equipment is required.
- Hold a valid UK driving license and have experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- A forklift and MEWP licence would be desirable but not essential.
- Have experience working in a fast moving operational environment, working under pressure and your own initiative whilst also being an integral part of an effective team.
- Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills are required, along with good written and verbal communications.
Benefits include: on site parking, 28 days holiday, extensive training and genuine scope for progression.
If this vacancy sounds of interest to you, then do not hesitate to contact Abbie at Crem Recruitment. I look forward to hearing from you.
Crem Recruitment is acting as an employment agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job