We are seeking two Multi-Skilled Engineers to join a new client site based in Didcot, Oxfordshire which is due to go live in May. The client is one of the largest educational and trade publishers in the world, and the new site will enable significant cost savings over the next five years through utilisation of TGW's automated solution. This includes picking stations, shuttles, conveyors and over 80,000 tote locations, all controlled by the TGW Commander warehouse control system.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will support the automated equipment on site and ensure that it operates at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime. This will involve electrical and mechanical fault-finding and rectification, low-level software (WMS/WCS) interrogation, supporting the completion of PPM routines, and leading on any breakdowns and escalations.
In addition, you will work closely with the client and represent TGW during customer meetings, building the relationship with the site teams. With this being a new site, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on getting the site live and proactively make an impact on the performance of the equipment.
The shift pattern will be Monday-Friday covering three shifts: early 06:00-14:00, days 10:00-18:00 and lates 14:00-22:00, plus a handover period.
You'll require the following skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced multi-skilled Engineer who ideally has had previous experience maintaining automated equipment (conveyors, lifts, shuttles, etc.). You will have come from a client-facing environment working collaboratively with on-site teams to resolve issues and identify improvements.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification (such as 17th/18th edition).
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment (automated warehouse/distribution centre).
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Ability to work in a time critical environment.
- Experience of working within an automated materials handling experience.
- PLC fault-finding experience.
Following your application, your CV will be reviewed by our recruitment team and you'll have an informal telephone call. If successful, you will be invited in for a face-to-face interview which will be held on the client site at Didcot with the Site Engineering Manager - the interview will also include a written technical test. There will be two interview stages in total.
TGW offers a comprehensive benefits package which can include the following:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus the option to buy an additional 5 days of flexible holiday
- On-site gym and wellness programme or 50% off gym memberships for our mobile/site-based employees
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount affinity scheme via youatwork
- Dress down Fridays
- Employee referral scheme
- Free parking
- Expat programme across TGW Group
- Free healthcare check-up
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Planned Preventative Maintenance