Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
12 hour shifts. 4 on/4 off.
Wrexham - commutable from Chester, Oswestry and Mold
£30 000-35,000 + 28 days holiday + pension + healthcare benefits
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer required for a leading manufacturer of steel products and services to work 4on/4off. This role is ideal for a time served multi skilled maintenance engineer from the heavy engineering sector preferably with an electrical bias.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to routine breakdown and repair issues
- Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment
- Ensure high factory reliability is achieved by performing quality routine machine and plant maintenance
- Electrical and Mechanical fault finding, diagnosis and repair
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
Candidates need to be time served engineers with both electrical and mechanical knowledge, with a safety first and resilient attitude to effectively execute tasks to get them done. Communication skills are key to be successful in the role as a Multi skilled engineer as you will have to communicate with a number of different stakeholders and work as part of a team.
Skills and knowledge required:
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy manufacturing plant preferably or maintenance involving both mechanical and electrical machinery
- The candidate will enjoy challenging, problem solving roles and be ideally suited to a manufacturing environment.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task.
- Knowledge of :Overhead cranes, combustion systems, Cooling towers and systems and Effluent treatment systems is also required
Candidate must have in depth knowledge of:
- DC motor and drives
- Relay Control Systems
- PLC’s (Mitsubishi, Siemens)
- AC motors and inverter drives
- Mechanical and electrical fault finding, diagnosis and repair
- All aspects of mechanical and electrical maintenance including breakdowns in a 24/7 operation.
Competence required in the following areas:
- All positional welding using both MIG and MMA
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Pipe work systems
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates that want to continue with a career in heavy engineering for a hugely successful manufacturing company trading world wide. On offer is a negotiable salary dependent on skill set between £30,000 - £35,000 per year. The role involves working shifts 6am - 6pm and 6pm - 6am 4on/4off. Free onsite parking plus healthcare package and pension.
This is a great time to join an established company that has been successfully operating for a number of years in Wrexham and is growing in size and there are good opportunities to progress within the engineering team.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
- Fault Finding
- Maintenance Engineering
- multi skilled