Uncork your potential with the world’s leading provider of New World premium, commercial and value wines - our Hardys brand is the most powerful Australian wine brand in the world! We sell our wines in over 100 countries and have more than 1,600 dedicated employees in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe, Asia, North America and South Africa and … we make some of the world’s best known brands!
In this role
You will be a key member of a multi disciplined team to operate a high performing production line with full ownership and accountability for product quality and line performance, taking a lead role in achieving continuous performance improvements through challenge and innovation, and through active participation in the lean culture and operational philosophy, whilst encompassing all aspects of maintenance activities and machine improvements.
Key accountabilities include
- Fully accountable within a defined team for the production line but also across the whole of production and the site
- Proactively operate within the lean philosophy ensuring continuous improvements across all areas of business processes are achieved
- Fully involved in a self reliant team, whilst delivering a positive contribution to our business
- Operate assigned equipment and plant ensuring optimum line performance is achieved
- Responsible for all quality standards and testing of the product produced on the line ensuring optimum levels are achieved. To fully support and assist in relation to all quality matters and testing
Other accountabilities include
- Work within the framework of the agreed team principles, fully supporting and working towards the achievement of the team objectives
- Identify and rectify root causes of the running faults within the machinery, encompassing all aspects of maintenance activities and machine improvements, including annual overhauls
- Ensure that the critical machine settings are maintained and serviced, to continually improve line efficiency and improvements to plant and business processes
- Ensure all levels of safety within the department are monitored and maintained to a high standard and all safety related equipment is regularly tested and documented
- Fully competent and able to provide training of the plant and operational processes to both new and current employees
- To assist and cover other teams or Engineers according to the needs of the business
- Enter relevant data into business system interfaces (JDE, MIS, Red Prairie etc.)
- Waste Management - Control of disposal
- To actively engage with shift manager and other employees regarding SOP generation and review.
Essential knowledge and skills are
Technical Ability :
- Fully understand the philosophy of all control systems within manufacturing and retain and utilise this knowledge and skill
- Demonstrates health and safety understanding and compliance
- Relevant IT system knowledge
Analytical Ability & Decision Making:
- Ability to obtain information and identify key subjects required to understand strategic issues
- Understanding of Lean Processes
Builds Productive Working Relationships:
- Works as effective team member, leading, guiding & inspiring others
- Communicates well at all levels: share ideas and contribute
- Take the initiative to problem solve, challenge & improve to deliver the agreed targets
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and is self motivated
Planning & Organisation:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
Creativity & Innovation:
- Ability to generate innovative solutions to work situation
Professional & Emotional Maturity:
- Professional approach, demonstrating flexibility and ownership
- Able to work well under pressure
Essential experience is
- Experience of maintenance
- Experience of operating production machinery desired
- Experience working in a high speed production environment would be advantageous.
Essential qualifications are
Physical and other requirements
- Manual Handling
- Working in a noisy environment
Sound like your kind of drop?
Accolade Wines will provide you with the ideal climate and a hand-picked rewards package for you to make a difference in our successful and growing business.
Our name is our motto, so here's to you... and here's to your future
- Mechanical Electrical
- Plant Maintenance
- Production Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'