We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work with our Client in Leeds.
About the Company:
Our Client is an industrial group, manufacturing rigid plastic packaging for some of the most reputable companies in the world, in the food and beverage, personal care, household care and oil and lubricants sectors.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and working a continental shift, you will be required to work as an integral part of the team and be able to demonstrate a good-hands on approach. The Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer will deliver quality engineering, and will also be responsible for the planned and reactive maintenance of plant and equipment, through the application of acquired electrical/mechanical diagnostic skills.The role will also be responsible for the Implementation of health and safety and of the on-going continuous improvement activities, whilst promoting the company's proactive culture. Previous experience in working with automated production equipment, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems would be advantageous.
Key Tasks & Activities:
- Day to day maintenance of all plant equipment on site
- Maintaining PPM schedules, work procedures and involvement in continuous improvement activities
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults and diagnosing breakdown problems
Who we are looking for:
Background and Experience:
- Electrically biased with strong Mechanical skills or Mechanical biased with electrical skills (qualifications)
- Good logical thought process in regard to fault diagnosis and rectification
- Experience of Blow Moulding and Packaging machines would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC’s and Inverter drives would be advantageous
- 17th edition would be advantageous
- Proficient with PC based systems (Excel, SAP) to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs. Although training will be given
- Good understanding of Health & Safety
- Basic level of English language (minimum) is essential for this position*Interpersonal Skills:*
- Team ethic
- Flexibility and proactive
- Effective trouble shooter
- Self-motivation and prepared to work diligently
- Commitment and loyalty