Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical / Electrical
Location: HMP Bure, Norwich, Norfolk, NR10 5GB
Salary: £36K - £39K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
GFSL is a Ministry of Justice owned non -profit making company who supply facilities management services to c50 prisons over the South of the UK.
Most of the works we undertake are within controlled areas and support the safe operation of the prisons.
Having formed in February 2018, GFSL has prospered in supplying quality services to all of its establishments. With a staff count of c1400 we strive to be the FM employer of choice.
We are seeking a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with various Mechanical and / or Electrical experience to assume responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
- To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Two years’ experience working as a test and inspection electrician, in a multi-skilled role or equivalent
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 In Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- Qualified to C&G 2391 - Electrical inspection and testing
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements For Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
- Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever *
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can’t provide.
You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to find out more then please apply today and we’ll be in touch.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
No agencies please!
- Multi Skilled Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'