Maintenance Engineer - electrical bias job. Permanent Night shifts. Excellent career opportunities available.
Your new company
Established in the 1960's this company as grown and grown and is now a global leader in their field. Their skilled and motivated people, their world class facilities and their state-of-the-art technologies are pivotal to their success. They can support their customers with project management and offer a complete in-house service from design and development, through to serial production. Their exceptional in-house capabilities give them total control of the entire process for optimum efficiencies and finished products.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the electrical maintenance of all capital plant, equipment and site facilities. The role is also responsible for mechanical breakdowns and planned preventative maintenance ensuring maximum uptime.
Plant and Machinery
- Investigate all electrical plant and machinery breakdowns, and mechanical plant and machinery breakdowns where necessary/as required, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work inclusive of obtaining spare parts as necessary.
- Investigate failures in services, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work inclusive of obtaining spare parts as necessary.
- Carry out project/modification work when necessary.
- Ensure all plant/machinery records are kept up to date.
- Ensure all engineering measures are carried out and recorded.
- Competently read and use electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to diagnose faults.
- Maintain all plant and equipment through planned/preventative maintenance schedules
What you'll need to succeed
You'll hold a minimum of HNC in an Electrical Engineering discipline and 17th Edition. You will be able to demonstrate post apprenticeship experience in an industrial environment and you have good verbal and written communication skills. Your competent in programmable logic controllers and Health & Safety procedures. You are a good organiser and analytical/creative problem solver. You possess good communication skills being able to communicate at all levels. You will have a good understanding of production plant/equipment and be willing to learn any new equipment that is brought into the production area or developed on the production unit. You will be self-motivated, able to work on your own initiative, unsupervised, and within a team, and, be customer focused toward service and quality.
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. You will be working on state of the art equipment in a modern, fast paced environment. Opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge will be plentiful and no day will be the same, hence offering you a varied, challenging work life and enabling you to increase your skill set.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job