The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Multi skilled Gas Engineer to work within our Building Services department alongside our electrical and general building trades’ teams. You will be responsible for working autonomously on a day to day basis and undertaking maintenance and repairs either at our care homes, residential properties or offices.
No two days are the same but you will be involved in:
• Servicing and breakdown repairs to gas boilers
• Repairs to central heating systems
• Plumbing related work to bathrooms and kitchens
• Installation of Boilers and Central heating systems.
As part of the building services team you will need to hold professional gas related qualifications related to:
• Gas Fired Central Heating Appliances
• Domestic Gas Water & Heater Appliances
• Gas fires etc
• Have a broad base of experience in building and multi-skilled works
• You will also be extremely Health and Safety conscious
• Plumbing related experience then this would be advantageous.
As you are out and about dealing with our residents and colleagues you will have good customer service skills, a clean driving licence and be comfortable working on a mobile job allocation device. In this varied role there will be opportunities to progress within the department, the opportunity to lead on projects as well as access to training courses in order to further develop your skills.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 29 May 2018
Interviews will be held w/c 11 June 2018
At JRF/JRHT we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background