Multi Skilled Fitter position is available with my client who manufacture process machinery throughout the UK and Worldwide. The ideal candidate will have proven mechanical / electrical fitting experience.
Multi Skilled Fitter Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility is workshop assembly of stainless steel process machinery according to drawings.
• This involves when necessary measuring of manufactured components to compare to manufacturing drawings, and to record both manufacturing and design discrepancies and communicate this information to the responsible person(s) and if applicable to suggest, agree and implement revisions to correct and improve the design and functionality of the machines.
• To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the application and process functions of the machines.
• To develop the process knowledge necessary to set-up, commission and provide training on the machines, and to diagnose and correct problems in a production environment.
• To attend customer sites for the purpose of providing installation, commissioning, training, routine service, and trouble-shooting assistance.
• To provide technical support at trade shows and events when required.
• To provide set-up and maintenance assistance on our own machines being employed in production by our sister company.
• Formal and on the job training will be provided to assist in the development of the above skills base.
Multi Skilled Fitter Skills Required:
• Practical experience of engineering fitting skills
• Ability to read and understand 2D assembly drawings and 3D models.
• Able to set and manage priorities and adhere to agreed lead-times.
• Knowledge of pneumatic systems
• Knowledge of PLC based electrical control systems (desirable)
• Ability to use manual lathe, milling and drilling machines, band saw and surface grinder
• Driving licence
• Willing to travel within the UK and Internationally to customer sites when required
• To be able to work independently with good communication skills
• Familiarity with MS Office and able to communicate professionally by email with good spelling and grammar for report writing, internal correspondence and customer communications.
Multi Skilled Fitter Package:
• Salary £26K.
• This is a salaried position based on a 40-hour five day working week. Hours are flexible around a daily core time.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Some days fixed over Christmas by prior arrangement.
- Manufacturing Drawings