Reporting to: Site Engineering Manager
Part of the Culina Group, IPS is the UK market leader in Contract Packing solutions. IPS provides the most extensive pool of Contract Packing equipment and expertise available in the UK. IPS continues to grow and is now widely integrated and embedded within operations right across the Culina Group network.
We are now recruiting for a on a full time, permanent basis at our Featherstone site.
Salary range: £30 000 -£40 000 per annum (Dependent of skills and experience)
Shift: Monday to Friday - Rotating 6-2/2-10
- Carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs in the production departments
- Undertake machining repairs when needed
- Support the Engineering and Production functions
- Moving and re-installing of machinery when needed
- Complete machinery attendance records
- Liaise with external contractors
- Maintain effective working relationships with all departments
- Machine change overs and set ups
- Mentoring and training of apprentice and single skilled engineers
- Be an active member of site improvement projects
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in food co-packing/production
- Multi-skilled engineer with an electrical bias
- Demonstrable track record in a multi-skilled engineering position
- Recognised engineering qualifications e.g. 17th / 18th Edition, HNC, HND
- Knowledge of repairing and optimising packing machinery
- Working of knowledge of PLC’s
- Ability to work independently and proactively, using own initiative to solve problems and prioritise workload
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to do additional hours as and when required to meet business demands
- Machine shop skills would be an advantage (Milling, Turning and Welding)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'