- The company are a Plastic Container Manufacturer who are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their team.
- Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrically Biased Maintenance
- This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer to join a thriving team and gain experience of working in Blow-moulding environment.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work independently of close supervision and also be able to participate in innovative ideas to progress new concepts and existing improvements.
Key Responsibilities / Challenges:
- Ensure that all Health and safety requirements are met.
- Maintain full and semi-automated machinery and equipment: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls.
- Carry out PPM on machines.
- Keep downtime to a minimum using reactive maintenance and fault-finding techniques.
- Develop processes and equipment to maximise efficiency.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Ordering and sourcing spare parts and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to ensure Production machinery is available and performing above targets through practical proactive efficiency improvements and maintenance.
- Carry out product / mould variant changeovers when necessary.
- Maintain suitable records of projects and maintenance activities.
- Ability to set / change machines.
- New to the engineering profession, with a couple of years’ experiences, willing to learn new processes.
- Preferably a craft engineer educated to HNC/HND level with experience of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to think on their feet & solve often-complex engineering issues.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to lead small teams when required.
- Good practical hands-on engineering skills.
- A thorough working knowledge of the Blow moulding process and plant / workshop practices.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of polymer processing techniques
- The ability to manage small projects or sub-elements of larger projects.
- A positive attitude with the ability to get the job done.
- Up to £40,000 pa depending on experience plus Holidays 25 days per year, pro-rata based on the working hours plus bank holidays.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for then please contact us.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'