We’re currently seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our client’s well-established engineering firm in Bury St Edmunds on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join an established firm with a real 'family feel’ to them, thanks to their friendly workforce and the way in which they look after their staff.
Our client has been trading for over 20 years and are a global leader in supplying and buying quality used food processing and packaging machinery to the food industry. They are a stable company, with around 25 members of staff; and have a large, well-kept facility to work within.
This is a very varied engineering role which reports to the Engineering Manager and will involve undertaking the repair and refurbishment of a wide range of food manufacturing and packaging machinery. From injectors, conveyors, formers, slicers, flow wrappers, bowl cutters, mincers, dicers to complete lines, fryers, tippers and freezers, and just about every other kind of food processing and packaging machine available on today’s market! Therefore, the successful candidates will enjoy a very varied role and will need to be familiar with some of the machinery listed above. The role would particularly suit Engineers who have worked within food manufacturing environments, ideally within the meat industry.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Attending weekly meetings with the engineering team to discuss incoming and outgoing machines, production/refurbishment schedule and works priorities
• Initial analysis of incoming machines ready for refurbishment; fault finding, identifying any modifications and planning/assessing what work needs to be carried out in order for the machines to be customer-ready. Some projects may be long-term, where you may work on as few as 5 machines in a month, whereas others will require simpler refurbishment, meaning you may work on up to 25 in a month.
• Communicating with the Engineering Assistant and other Engineers to ensure spares are parts are available for projects
• Offering general assistance on the shop floor and in the yard - helping with movement of parts/machines, assisting with deliveries, unloading and loading, packaging up machines etc.
• Offering any other ad-hoc assistance to the Engineering Manager as requested
This is a shop-floor based role, where you will not be expected to install machinery or work shifts. There is overtime available during busy periods, however the hours of 7am - 5pm Monday to Friday are inclusive of overtime. My client offer a very stable, friendly environment to work in and a role that will keep any experienced engineer busy and challenged, given the wide variety of machinery they will be working with!
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you will need the following skills, experiences and attributes:
• Substantial prior experience within an Engineering role; ideally working with food machinery within the meat production industry
• Recognised engineering qualifications / substantial relevant experience
• A thorough, inquisitive approach to identifying and rectifying engineering issues, both mechanical and electrical
• A strong awareness of health and safety; ability to follow protocol and understand the importance of health and safety when working with machinery that can cause injury if not correctly handled
• A strong team spirit; a friendly, communicative team player with the ability to work well as part of a 6-person engineering team
• Ideally live within a reasonable commutable distance from Bury St Edmunds
To be considered for this position, which allows for an excellent work/life balance and the chance to join a steady local employer, please apply through our website or via CV Library.
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East), as well as Instagram (@horizonsearchandselection) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news!
- Fault Finding
- Food Manufacturing
- Packaging Machinery
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'