TGW Northern Europe are seeking two Multi-Skilled Engineers to join a client site based in Tamworth, Staffordshire. The client is a leading UK retail/e-commerce organisation and the site has been live since 2017, supplying over 250 retail branches across the UK & Ireland as well as online orders.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer working within the TGW Residential Engineering Team, you will support the automated equipment - which includes conveyors, picking stations, robots and lifts - maintaining the equipment on site and ensuring that it operates at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime.
In addition, you will work closely with the client and represent TGW during customer meetings, building the relationship with the site teams. With this being a new site, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on getting the site live and proactively make an impact on the performance of the equipment.
You will be responsible for the following:
- You'll be responsible for autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site, which includes KDR conveyors, Stratus cranes, Stingray shuttle V4, ABB robot system, Strapping device, Tote lift, Destacker plus any other third party supplied equipment.
- Supporting the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Electrical and mechanical fault-finding and rectification
- In consultation with the site engineering manager, develop and implement maintenance procedures, engineering standards, specifications, risk assessments and method statements
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
You'll need the following skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced multi-skilled Engineer who ideally has had previous experience maintaining automated equipment (conveyors, robots, cranes, lifts, shuttles, etc.). You will have come from a customer-facing environment working collaboratively with on-site teams to resolve issues and identify improvements. Previous experience with PLC and/or Warehouse Management Systems would also be desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification (such as 17th edition)
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Able to work a panama shift pattern (two 12 hours shift patterns Monday-Sunday, working 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Experience of working with Warehouse Control Systems is preferable
- PLC fault-finding experience
Following your application your CV will be reviewed by our recruitment team and you'll have an informal telephone call. If successful, you will be invited in for a face-to-face interview which will be held on the client site at Tamworth with the Engineering Team Leaders - the interview will also include a written technical test. There will be two interview stages in total.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Preventive Maintenance