R13 recruitment are partnering a national organisation in their search for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their North Norwich based team. Reporting directly to the Asset Maintenance Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to provide effective maintenance support to the production operation, both in terms of planned maintenance and breakdown situations.
Duties to include:
- Diagnosing plant/equipment problems, carrying out relevant mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Working alongside colleagues to schedule and prioritise maintenance activities, including breakdowns and planned activities.
- Carrying out planned mechanical and electrical maintenance activities, ensuring completion within set time frames.
- Identifying recurring equipment failures, proactively taking action to eliminate or reduce equipment based losses.
- Recognising improvement opportunities in equipment reliability and maintainability.
- Performing mechanical and electrical project work when required.
- Supporting the Asset Maintenance Manager with the preparation of internal technical training information and documentation.
- Ensuring all risk and COSHH assessments are up to date and relevant.
- Proactively performing continuous improvement modifications.
- Liaising with third parties regarding technical support, fault finding, identification and ordering of spares and services, technical documentation and machinery upgrades.
You will have/be:
- Experience of electrical and mechanical engineering within a factory environment.
- Apprenticeship / degree / similar qualification, and min 5 years post qualified experience.
- Commercially aware and able to proactively provide swift solutions to problems.
- 18th edition qualification is desirable.
- Further qualifications in working in confined spaces and working at heights are desirable.
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions.
- Proactive team member, able to communicate with key stakeholders.
Offered salary of up to £DOE. Benefits package is offered including 20 days annual leave + 1 day for your birthday, 2.5% pension contribution and free onsite car parking.
This is a full time permanent role working on a rolling shift pattern:
Week 1: Monday - Friday 6am - 2.30pm
Week 2: Monday - Thursday 1.30pm - 10pm and Friday 9.30am - 6pm.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Chris Hudson - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job