The first of four, our Hatfield fulfilment centre is our most established major distribution depot. This site is an automated warehouse where all Ocado products are stored. It also facilitates our customers’ orders which are picked and dispatched, using highly sophisticated systems and processes, enabling Ocado to deliver in one hour time slots. In order to run such an operation, a skilled and dedicated team of engineers must be on hand to carry out maintenance and repairs at all times.
As an Ocado Engineer you will be undertaking, day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfilment Centre on MHe such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc
Day to day duties will include:
- Reacting to MHe breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to will find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required and be able to analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
- Have strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Have a formal qualification in an electrical subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Have knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
42 hours per week.
Due to the site being a 24/7 operation, the engineering shift pattern will include days, nights and weekends.
- Fault Finding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job