Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - mechanical bias job in Corby. Day shifts - Monday to Friday + overtime
Your new company
This established business serves a global market and is one of the largest divisions of an International Corporation. They are a financially sound company with a turnover that exceeds €160 million. This is achieved by 300 employees of which 1/3 are in the UK. In the next few years, the company plans to invest significantly in growing the organisation and as part of this growth are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Corby.
Your new role
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs on production lines. In order to to this your responsibilities will be:
- Provide proactive support to the plant and equipment to maximise production output.
- Responds directly or, to requests for repairs and maintenance from Manager or Team Leaders, either verbally or via electronic job ticket.
- Inspects the plant regularly and notes and corrects deficiencies, and reports important problems to Maintenance and/or Engineering Manager.
- Effective reporting of planned activities and breakdowns.
- Contributes as a team member to the maintenance department.
- Complete planned and corrective maintenance to ensure equipment safety and reliability.
- Undertakes project work directed by Maintenance Manager and/or Engineering department.
- Taking a leading role in on-going process improvement throughout the factory developing new ideas and better solutions.
- Proactive and dynamic approach to health, safety and environmental situations.
What you'll need to succeed
You will hold a Mechanical qualification - Nationally recognised level of competence. Level 3 or above and ideally you are apprentice trained and time served. You will have a minimum 5 year's industrial / practical experience. Your ability to work alone using your own initiative as well as working in a team will be crucial as is your working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements. You are experienced in Mechanical fault finding, and you are analytical, with strong problem solving and IT skills.Your experienced in problem analysis and continuous improvement and a good understanding and knowledge of fabrication and welding is preferable.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and be required to work days shifts Monday to Friday. This company promotes a team atmosphere in which you will experience challenging and rewarding career opportunities. Their success has been built on a foundation of commitment to perform in an ethical and honourable environment, while enhancing the value of its company for its employees, bond holders and shareholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job