Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer job in Corby. Electrical bias. 3 week rolling shift pattern.
Your new company
This international business has its main manufacturing hub in Corby but can also boast offices across the world including Dubai and Hong Kong. They employ over 300 people worldwide and one third of that workforce is in Corby. Currently going through a period of extended growth, they are looking to add to that workforce by recruiting another Maintenance Engineer to join their skilled team.
Your new role
You will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs on production lines and buildings. To do this you will need to combine a range of duties including:
- Provide proactive support to the plant and equipment to maximise production output.
- Responds directly or, to requests for repairs and maintenance from Manager or Team Leaders, either verbally or via electronic job ticket.
- Inspects the plant regularly and notes and corrects deficiencies, and reports important problems to Maintenance and/or Engineering Manager.
- Effective reporting of planned activities and breakdowns.
- Contributes as a team member to the maintenance department.
- Complete planned and corrective maintenance to ensure equipment safety and reliability.
- Undertakes project work directed by Maintenance Manager and/or Engineering department.
- Taking a leading role in on-going process improvement throughout the factory developing new ideas and better solutions.
- Proactive and dynamic approach to health, safety and environmental situations.
What you'll need to succeed
You hold an Electrical qualification - Nationally recognised level of competence, Level 3 or above and you are Apprentice trained and time served. You have a minimum 5 year's industrial / practical experience and can demonstrate an ability to work alone using your own initiative as well as working in a team. It goes without saying that you have a good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements. You are experienced in Electrical / Mechanical fault finding and you have an analytical approach with excellent problem solving and IT skills. Your understanding and knowledge of SCADA systems / Automated Systems and AC/DC drive systems will be important to you in this job.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary of up to £32k plus a shift allowance. You will also have access to a generous benefits package. You will join a a highly skilled team of engineers where your own skills will be highly valued and you will be able to add to your experience. Training will be given on any machinery you are not familiar with, and you will be able to continuously build on your knowledge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.