A vacancy has arisen for an Engineer at our New Mill Street site, reporting to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Continuously assesses company plant and equipment for efficiency, purpose and implement improvements so that output will be optimised, inform of non-compliances
- Use line monitoring, fault finding and problem solving systems/techniques in order to maximise utilisation of all company plant and equipment, by minimising downtime through scheduled maintenance, and continuous improvement
- Help reduce the companies "Carbon Footprint" by efficient utilisation of resources, ie: Energy Usage, Waste Disposal
- Liaise and work closely with the production team, enabling timely start-up of plant
- Work safely, complying with the obligations under Health and Safety regulations
- Prepares estimates, requisitions and inspection of equipment
- Manage small projects and assists with major projects
- Regularly carry out audits for compliance to AIB/ EFSIS/ GMP Standards
- Works with Production and Quality teams to improve and develop operating practices to enhance product quality and customer service requirements.
- Education in engineering discipline.
- Working experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills, continuous learning,
- Good understanding of inter-discipline skills and multi-skilling
- Solid grounding in food handling safe practices with an awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH
- Good team player, with the ability to highlight continuous improvement opportunities and work on your own initiative
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets)
- Good written and verbal communication skills - ability to deal with both suppliers and internal customers
- Able to interpret schematic diagrams and machine drawings
- Logical thinker and problem solver with the ability to trouble shout and fault find on production facility
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
McCormick entered the Polish market in 2011 with the acquisition of the Kamis business in Stefanowo. The company currently employs more than 900 people in Poland, this role will be based at our European Shared Services in Lodz. McCormick set up it's EMEA Shared Service centre in Lodz in 2014, currently employing more than 160 people.