Overview of business and role:
We are the leading office fruit delivery company in the UK. Established in 2006, we have rapidly built a stable client base of over 2000 office-based companies, from numerous different markets such as Banking, Media, IT, Recruitment, Retail, Legal and many more. Our head office and packhouse currently is based in Burgess Park, SE5, London, where this position would be based until May-June 2018, after which the company will relocate to Croydon Area.
We are seeking a well-presented and polite van driver who enjoys working in a stable, customer-facing environment. You will be carrying out deliveries of fruit baskets to specific locations in London.
We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and great handling of sensitive products.
Key requirements for this role:
• Two years’ experience in multi-drop deliveries
• Good road knowledge of London and surrounding areas is key
• Early start every day - around 4.00am depends on the route
• Experience in great customer service
• Politeness and calmness when driving and in front of clients
• Driving license (no more than 3 points)
• No driving disqualifications within the last 10 years
• Positive "can do" attitude is essential
For insurance purposes you must be over 25 years old.
Benefits of working for us:
• Competitive rate of pay £10.00 per hour
• Performance-related monthly bonus scheme
• You will be driving a new van in excellent condition
• You are allowed to take some fruit home each day
• Even though you start early, you will finish quite early in the day (up to 2:30 pm)
• Friendly work environment in a successful and growing company
• Permanent and stable position
• We operate an ongoing, tree-planting programme in Malawi (where deforestation is a big problem): for each basket we deliver to a client, we plant 1 fruit tree. By working for us you will be helping the world environment
Working hours and days
• From 4.00 or 5.00 am each day Monday to Thursday/Friday, Part-Time or Full-Time (total weekly hours to be discussed depending on role)
• You will not have to ever work on weekends and Bank Holidays
As part of the recruitment process a background check to verify your identity and a criminal record check will be carried out by an authorised third party. This may be started part way through the recruitment process.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Timely Delivery