An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our MSK team in the position of Band 5 MSK Physiotherapist. This is a permanent, full time opportunity working 37.5 hours / week.
This role will enhance the experience of the MSK service for all patient's to ensure a fast, efficient pathway that works across the patient journey, the clinician's input into the service, and the administration of the service.
- To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
- To deliver the service on a face-to-face assessment and treatment basis and, where necessary, refer onward. The post holder is expected to carry out appropriate clinical risk assessment in clinic settings.
- To participate in the delivery of telephone based assessment and advice service, alongside clinic based work.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner utilising analytical skills to form an accurate diagnosis and inform patients of realistic rehabilitation prognosis and future prospects with respect to work, sport, function etc.
- To identify clinical problems and use clinical reasoning skills to establish patient-centred goals and draw up treatment plans utilising a wide range of treatment skills and options; seeking clinical guidance or second opinion as clinically indicated.
- To continually reassess and evaluate treatment outcomes to facilitate appropriate discharge or onward referral of patients.
- To keep up-to-date with clinical protocols, guidelines, pathways and new trends, developments and research for the benefit of clinical practice.
Our service operates a single hub for MSK services across the Bedfordshire region as a 'prime contractor'. This places us in charge of organising the system and integrating all the providers around a central service. Any patient requiring treatment for MSK is referred to a hub for specialist triage by their GP; they are sent on to the right care. The patients are then offered choice over who provides the service, being able to choose which hospital they attend.
- Travel to Work Bus, Tram and Cycle schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- 27 days Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Well Being programme
If you would like to apply for this position please email or call .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job