Are you looking for an exciting job with a friendly independent firm but also the right work/life balance? If so read on as I have a great company recruiting…
Our client is a growing regional firm of rural chartered surveyors, planning consultants, and estate agents providing a diverse range of property-related services throughout the South of England. Join the planning team of 3 and help provide a range of services to a varied clientbase.
- Working as part of the planning team to deliver a range of planning and development projects.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a high standard. This includes development appraisals, planning statements, appeal statements, Local Plan/Policy representations and relevant environmental statement chapters where necessary.
- Preparation, management and negotiation of planning submissions. This will include working alongside and project managing other disciplines.
- Provide professional planning advice and support to other areas of the business.
- Responsible for own client accounts and all areas of client care.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of fee proposals and tenders.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues within the team and across the firm.
- Helping to bring additional work opportunities to the planning team through building strong relationships with existing and future client base.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to apply planning experience and knowledge to secure beneficial planning strategies.
- Responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- Where required attendance at events and meetings outside of normal working hours, e.g. attendance at planning committee or other company promotional/professional events.
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- A degree qualification in a relevant planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute).
- Existing Chartered Membership of the RTPI.
- Experience will ideally include recent development planning or development management experience in the private or public sector.
- Strong technical ability with excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process.
- Excellent written, oral, numerical, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong team-working capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail, and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- Positive commitment to team and personal project delivery.
- Commercial focus.
- Experience in project management of planning submissions.
- Commercial experience in Town Planning in a consultancy environment.
- Working knowledge of or interest in EIA.
- Interest in rural development.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary and benefits package that includes a car or car allowance, a discretional bonus and so much more. Flexible working is in play so you can expect to work both at home and in the office. Hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
The hiring manager is ready to meet with suitable candidates immediately so if you are excited by this opportunity and feel you meet the above criteria then please get in touch.
Please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on or
- Town Planner
- Town Planning
- Planning Officer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'