MRTPI Senior Planner
£35,000-£45,000 plus full benefits including an attractive bonus scheme
A Senior Planner is required to join the Town Planning team for one of the world's leaders in Commercial Property, based in Birmingham.
Our client holds an enviable reputation for holding one of the country's most successful Town Planning departments. Working alongside a number of other departments, they focus their work on planning schemes in the Residential, Commercial, Mixed-Use and Retail markets. My client has recently won a number of projects across the West Midlands and now require a Senior Planner to support the delivery of these schemes.
The Senior Planner will be fully MRTPI qualified with a minimum of 3 years planning experience - ideally including exposure to private consultancy work. You will have a track record of handling and processing both minor and major applications/appeals. The Senior Planner will be managing their own work load, as well as supporting Associates and Planning Directors across all sectors
- Preparing and submitting planning applications and supporting documents (writing of Planning Statements, Design & Access Statements)
- Preparing of Policy representations
- Preparing Appeal submissions.
- Giving oral evidence at Appeals and Examinations
- Holding a thorough understanding of planning law, relevant court judgements and national planning policy
- Attendance at committee meetings to include speaking
- Developing client relationships both new and existing
- Managing and co-ordinating project teams
- Mentoring junior members of staff to ensure all reports are correct prior to their submission
- Preparation and Attendance at Public Exhibitions
- Statements of Community Involvement Documents post Exhibition
As a reward for your hard efforts, the Senior Planner will receive a competitive salary alongside full benefits, including bonus. You will be working in a positive and professional environment, with the full support of the Planning Director in progressing you to Associate level and beyond.
If you feel this role may be of interest, we would love to hear from you! Call Myles Hooban now on or email . If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.
- ASSISTANT TOWN PLANNER
- TOWN PLANNER
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job