Albea is a global packaging manufacturer with customers across the beauty, personal care, food and pharmaceutical markets. Our growing plant in Colchester, operating 24/7, 362 days of the year, requires a MRP Controller to join our Supply Chain Department working on day shifts.
You will be responsible for:
All management of materials and supplier relationships within at Albéa UK.
Health and Safety.
- Understand and comply with the company health and safety policy and environmental policy.
- Understand and comply with the company and departmental emergency procedures for fire and evacuation.
- Understand and comply company cardinal rules and agreed working procedures at all times.
- Report all accidents/incidents or dangerous occurrences including unsafe acts. Report environmental contamination or damage to plant, production machinery, equipment and or buildings.
- Wear correct PPE where required and or instructed to do so.
- Attend training sessions and courses on health and safety, environmental and emergency procedures.
- Inform the company, immediately of any non-work related injuries/illness that can affect and or become aggravated whilst at work.
- Manage the loadings and deliveries of components based on the production plan.
- Plan the material requirements midterm (4 to 12 weeks horizon) based on the customers demand & forecast and the specific customers agreements.
- Manage the day to day relationship with the suppliers
- Monitor the suppliers adherence to the scheduled deliveries
- Work with the engineering department to make sure that technical specifications of the stocks are correct.
- Budget the stock value and maintain it
- Forecast the trends in product consumption to provide the needed number of stocks and its turnover
- Build supplier management and relationships
- Monitors the inventory level and inventory turn rate to improve the efficiency of the warehouse space
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A robust working knowledge of IT and Business systems, Advanced Excel is essential as well as a working knowledge of SAP or alternatively ERP systems would be advantageous.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise and work to time-bound schedules.
- Experience of manufacturing processes to appreciate implications of change, risk and the options available when decision making.
- Excellent communications skills both within and outside the Company.
- Strong administrative ability working in a structured manner with close attention to detail.
- A thorough, proactive approach to working
In return the company offers a competitive basic salary, 28 days holiday, shut down over Christmas, a site bonus scheme, pension with employers contributions of up to 5%, life assurance and site cash plan.
The hours of work for this role will be 39 hours per week. Monday- Thursday 8.30am until 17.15pm with 45 mins for lunch and Friday 8.30am until 4.15pm.
- Advanced Excel
- Health Safety
- Manage Client Relationships