Technology Services Group (TSG) keeps BNY Mellon's technology running and defines and executes the firm's technology strategy, positioning us for tomorrow. From the computers and collaboration tools of our employees to modernized infrastructure platforms and core services, we ensure that the firm's systems are running optimally while enabling business innovation and productivity. We also oversee BNY Mellon's architecture and data, guiding the firm through technology changes necessary to execute business strategies.
As part of TSG, the Application Infrastructure & Middleware team automates Middleware Engineering, including Platform Security, Application Messaging, Web Authentication, Public Cloud Engineering & Storefront. We also lead Java Engineering CoE.
We are seeking an MQ Appliance Engineer.
- To configure MQ Appliances and MQ Queue Managers and Mainframe MQ to documented BNYM standards and application requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any install issues, working with BNYM Network and Data Centre teams (consultants would not be involved in the physical install of appliances in the Data centers ).
- Support application testing, trouble shoot and resolve any issues.
- Reconfigure appliances to test alternate configurations, may require physical or network reconfiguration which would be completed by BNYM Network and Data Centre teams.
- Working independently to contribute to a large team delivering solutions to the meet the needs of executive management as well as the general employee population.
- Communicate between cross-functional IT and business units to gather requirements
- Participate in Agile Development process
- Support and maintain existing functionalities and on-board new functionalities to existing applications.
- Work with application development teams providing support of middleware components. Including Containers.
- Define and maintain middleware standards and governance including MQ and API administration and utilization.
- Utilize industry standard technologies & methods to ensure the integrity & recoverability of MQ based applications incl. but not limited to: backup & recovery, clustering, security, patch management, enterprise monitoring & performance tuning.
- Perform strategic analysis and design of MQ infrastructure and makes recommendations on improvements and/or new systems required to meet business needs and future capacity.
- Prepare and maintain professional documentation required to run and maintain the environment.
- Automation of processes and development of tools to support the engineering and operation functions.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'