The Extracare Charitable Trust is looking for a highly organised and customer-focused Move in Officer to join our New Village Commissioning Team. The role responsibilities are to be part of the organisation of all elements of a house move for our residents at our new Retirement Villages across the Midlands.
The Move in Officer Post is a permanent post, 37.5 hour a week contract, £24,000 per annum salary, car allowance & pension.
As a Move in Officer, no day will be the same as you use your organisational skills and attention to detail to support the Commissioning team in tasks such as day-to-day liaison, negotiation and communication with prospective residents and their representatives. Ensuring the Move in process is managed to a consistently high standard.
This role will be centrally based and at new Village locations in High Wycombe, Stoke Gifford, Bedford and the Midlands area. Travel and overnight stays required as appropriate.
The Move in Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- To welcome and support new residents during the move in process, delivering excellent customer service to residents and family members.
- To assist with all the administration and logistics of the residents’ move ins.
- Ensure effective communication with ExtraCare’s internal teams including Sales, Maintenance, Care, Housing, Commissioning and Development.
- Ensure all preparatory works are completed and meet ExtraCare’s quality standards before resident move ins, including fitted furniture, carpets, floor coverings, window coverings and final Sparkle cleans.
- To manage communication and program delivery with external suppliers of services/installations, such as removals, fitted furniture, carpets/ flooring, blinds, curtains and other window coverings.
- Monitor and co-ordinate reports on the performance of contractors during the delivery of their services.
- To communicate information to wider ExtraCare teams and keep records updated as required.
- To be conversant in the use of Microsoft Office Software packages, including Word, Outlook and Excel (or similar), capability to develop and maintain spreadsheets and efficient reporting systems.
- Be aware of the vision, mission and values and general policies and procedures of The ExtraCare Charitable Trust.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety in your location ensuring ExtraCare’s Health and Safety Policies and Requirements are fully implemented, monitored and adhered to.
- Deputise for Move in Coordinator on short-term basis to cover holiday or other absence as required.
- From time to time any other duties that are deemed part of the role.
The role requires the post holder to be calm and organised and have the ability to multitask, being able to work effectively in a pressurised environment where priorities can change daily. You will have empathy with older people who are making lifestyle changes and choices.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
Full current driving licence valid in the UK is an essential requirement for this role.
If you think you have the skills, experience and attitude, and are looking for a highly rewarding career then click ‘apply’ today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job