Moulder / Finisher - Polymer Aerospace products
Attractive pay rates and excellent benefits
Keywords include: production, Moulding, finishing, trimming, cutting, machine operation, manual handling, material handling, equipment operation, Early shift, Late shift, Night shift, hoists, cranes, pallet truck, communication skills, hand tools, measuring equipment.
Our client is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
'Moulders & Finishers' operate under direct supervision, performing dedicated production tasks and operating specific production equipment and processes in the moulding and finishing of polymer / rubber products for commercial aircraft.
They ensure the maintenance of a safe work environment with the ultimate goal of zero accidents.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Moulders performs specific production tasks in the moulding process, taking raw 'pigs' of rubber through a variety of processes to achieve a shape as specified. You will operate: ovens, subassembly equipment, coating & material handling equipment.
- Finishers take the above shaped products and 'finish' them, by trimming excess material and ensuring the end product meets both the shape and standards required by the end customer
Both Moulders and Finishers will;
- Complete troubleshooting while; operating equipment
- Monitor, measure, and record quality assurance data including, dimensions, weight
- Observe safe work practices, maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Follows specific quality criteria
- Attend consistently and punctually
- ideally (but not essentially), have experience of producing Aerospace polymer products, or detailed hand-made moulded products which need to be hand finished in a high-quality environment
- show proficiency in shop floor production processes, using a variety of machinery and precision hand-tools.
- have skills in the use of hand tools including calipers, depth gages, micrometers, and other measuring equipment, and machinery
- understand how to read, interpret and follow work instructions
- bring strong problem-solve skills, using existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
- know how to communicate verbally, electronically and in writing
- demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- turn up on time and be reliable
If you have the above skills experience and character, please apply on line with your full CV to Paula Ball.
Ideal living locations include; Loughborough, Shepshed, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Burton upon Trent, Leicester, Kegworth, Coalville
- communication skills
- manual handling
- hand tools
- Night shift
- pallet truck
- machine operation
- Late shift
- material handling
- equipment operation
- Early shift
- : production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job