Job type - Full time, Permanent
Salary -£27,424 per annum
Hours - 35 per week + 5 hours paid lunch
Location - YOI Brinsford
Do you want to make a difference to people's lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, strengthening communities and reducing crime. We house, we educate, we support, we advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults.
Nacro is the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country. We are an Ofsted 'Good' provider.
Nacro are collaborating with Novus to deliver an innovative Education service across the West Midlands (WM). We aim to empower those in custody to take the opportunity to begin on a career path and to ensure they develop the relevant skills and technical experience to move towards an Apprenticeship and/or employment on release.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated person to teach Window & Door fitting to young adult offenders within Brinsford prison.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering a vocational competency based curriculum in Valeting & Wrapping, up to Level 2 using awarding body standards; assessing learners work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support.
- Assess and verify learners' work.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with awarding bodies and ensure that regular quality improvement meetings are held.
- To pro-actively develop links with external agencies and organisations that can contribute to the delivery of the planned X programme
We are seeking Tutors with:
- A background/experience within the industry; someone who would like to broaden their experience in working with a rewarding group within a unique environment.
- Proven experience of supporting others in developing technical /vocational skills
You will be passionate about learning. You will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment, be adept at defusing conflict, and working strictly to protocol and procedure. The successful individual needs to be motivated, inspirational, value led and have a keen interest in achieving success with adult offenders
DBS & Secure Training Centre Vetting required including 5 years reference history.
Please apply online
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'