We are looking to recruit an experienced Motor Vehicle Technician/MOT Tester to join the team at our South Shields dealership.
As a key member of the Service Department, you will ensure that fault diagnosis and service and repair of customer vehicles are carried out to the correct procedures and required standards of quality.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Carry out fault diagnosis, service, repair and MOT tests as instructed to the standards laid down by the Company
- Ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and report to Workshop Foreman/Controller as required on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance
- Indicate to Workshop Foreman/Controller possible future faults and repair requirements
- Ensure that quality procedures relating to the function laid down by the Company are adhered to at all times
- Ensure all procedures relating to service books and service, repair and warranty documentation are strictly adhered to and are dealt with in line with Company policy
- Maintain all relevant records and paperwork, ensuring they are accurate and up to date at all times
Although not essential, experience of working in a franchised main dealer would be a distinct advantage.
A full current driving licence is essential for this role, as is being qualified to NVQ level III or equivalent.
The role is full time and permanent working 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a Saturday overtime rota. Basic salary is £9.69ph plus a generous bonus structure. Other benefits include a company pension, company discounts and free life assurance.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 16th February 2018; if you have not heard from us by 23rd February please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we would like to thank you for your interest in Jennings Motor Group.
- Motor Vehicle
- Car Repair