Motor Insurance Underwriter
c£22,000 - £27,000 + excellent benefits
Varied job opportunity with leading Personal Lines Insurer, continuing to enjoy expansion of their market footprint.
Key areas of responsibility:
Assisting the Head of Motor Underwriting with the management of the day to day underwriting support, and the development of the Motor Insurance portfolio, pricing and product development.
- Dealing with Underwriting referrals, more complex cases, applying risk control and acceptance criteria, including additional terms and rates as applicable.
- Providing technical guidance for less experienced Underwriters.
- Assisting with training, coaching, 1-2-1's, performance reviews.
- Assisting with Underwriting audits.
- Maintaining and updating policy documents and workings.
- Monitoring and reviewing account performance.
Working in conjunction with colleagues in Marking and Legal departments, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Experience and skills required:
Significant experience of Private Motor Underwriting in an Insurer environment.
High level technical understanding of rating, to include knowledge of Non Standard Underwriting.
Word and Excel to intermediate level.
Strong interpersonal skills
CII or Certificate of Insurance Practice or progress towards
Strong team building and people management skills
The working environment
An inspiring working environment.
25 days holiday and excellent range of staff benefits on offer.
Easy access for train station with commuting road links from various location in Surrey, West Sussex and West Kent - Croydon -Sutton- Epsom -Dorking-Redhill-Reigate-Crawley-Godstone-Tonbridge etc.
- General Insurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job