Motor Claims Engineer
Based in Tonbridge
To provide customers with a world class claims service by ensuring that their claims are assessed quickly, and if valid are settled in the shortest possible time.
The in-house Engineering Team deal with all aspects of both Insured and Third party motor inspections, using state of the art technology to receive and audit estimates prior to authorising repairs to their approved repairer network as well as Customer Nominated Repairers.
The Engineers also inspect and deal with all total loss claims via the matrix used at First Notification of Loss where vehicles likely to be written off are identified. The team deal with both 4 wheel and 2 wheel inspections with our approved repairers. Pre theft and fire valuation and negotiation are also carried out by the team.
Support is given to all aspects of the business by the team in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order to expedite settlement and minimise costs.
- Provide support to the Engineering Team Leaders by ensuring delivery of own performance against agreed objectives, KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Maintain knowledge in specialist area to improve understanding of technical issues.
- Provide technical expertise to department and customers.
- Liaise with external suppliers.
- Ensure adequate processes and controls are applied to identify and mitigate any risks.
- Engineering experience within the motor insurance industry
- Member of either IMI / IRTE / ATA / VDA
- Motor Claims knowledge
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customers.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
If this is a role that you would like to discuss in more detail please contact Charlene Hills at T4S Solutions.