Mortgage Underwriting Team Manager, Permanent, Berkshire
Salary up to £60k+ Generous Benefits up to 20% bonus + 25 days holiday + healthcare + free car parking
My Client are an established Lender looking to recruit an Underwriting Team Manager.
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success.
Working as part of an established Management team and lending operation you will responsible for the day to day running of a team of Underwriters. You will be responsible for overseeing the effective processing of all mortgage applications, through management & monitoring of the underwriting team. You will remain as a hands on Underwriter, underwriting more complex larger cases and holding a senior mandate.
This role would suit an experienced Senior Underwriter looking to develop their career into a managerial role or an experienced manager looking for a new challenge with an established and successful lender.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team to ensure SLA’s & KPI’s are achieved on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- To deliver effective performance management across the whole team to include documented 121’s & team meetings monthly.
- Development of the team by motivating and building their skill sets through coaching, training & effective development plans to drive results, support retention & identify succession planning.
- Pro actively identify, manage and support departmental improvement & change to reduce processing times, improve service while ensuring quality of decision making while working with Key Stakeholders.
- Support the team with sign off's and underwriting when required.
- Provide deep underwriting knowledge for the team about Lending Policy & Procedures. Act as a point of expertise to the team, advising on technical, product, policy, procedural and customer issues.
- Ensure the highest quality of underwriting through regular review of controls, monthly audits & effective feedback/ action with underwriters
- To ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with the Complaints Handling Procedures referring to Service Quality Department as and when appropriate
- Ensure responsibilities regarding Treating Customers Fairly, the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies.
- To ensure that all team members are trained so that all complaints are correctly identified and actioned in accordance with the Complaint Handling Procedures.
Skills & Experience
- Current mandate holder of 1st line mortgage underwriting, ideally have held for min 3 years.
- Ideally experienced in people management within a similar role or within Financial Services
- Experience in Underwriting essential, having experience of BTL & packager lending
- CeMAP/CeRCC (Preferable, if not a willingness to train to obtain) Communication and influencing skills
- Leadership or Coaching & Development experience
- Business & market awareness including good regulatory knowledge
- Ability to analyse and provide accurate MI & performance measures
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk within the team and process including complaint handling and audit requirements
Please apply for an immediate interview
- Mortgage Underwriting
- MORTGAGE LENDING
- MORTGAGE MANAGER
- MORTGAGE TEAM LEADER
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'