Our client, a successful and well respected financial services organisation based in Leicestershire, are currently recruiting for a Mortgage Underwriter. This is an office based role where you will be responsible for providing an efficient and professional mortgage underwriting service to customers and intermediaries.
Key Responsibilities of a Mortgage Underwriter:
- Reviewing and assessing mortgage applications (including standard residential, buy to let and self-build) in accordance with Lending Policy and criteria
- Assessing and verifying supporting documentation: identification, credit reference agency searches, proof of income, bank statements, accounts, valuation reports etc.
- Communicating with mortgage applicants, employers, accountants, Mortgage Advisors, Brokers, Surveyor etc. throughout the mortgage application process
- Preparing and presenting mortgage applications for underwriter/mandator review and approval
- Preparing and issuing mortgage Offer (post approval)
- Supporting the progression of pipeline mortgage applications and provide guidance, experience, assistance, and support to the Mortgage Assessors in relation to unusual or non-standard mortgage applications
- Providing feedback to the Head of Lending Operations regarding training requirements for Mortgage Assessors and contributing to the planning and preparation of such training
- Assisting the Head of Lending Operations and Senior Underwriters in preparing, reviewing and maintaining procedure manuals and guides in respect of the Group Lending activities
- Assessing Decision in Principle referrals
- Checking mortgage Offers prior to issue
- Releasing funds approval for mortgage completion
Skills and experience required for the Mortgage Underwriter:
- Experience of manual mortgage underwriting
- Experience and understanding of the mortgage market and credit risk environment
- CeMAP qualification
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'