Our client, a leading Financial Service company based near Maidenhead, is currently hiring for a Mortgage Underwriter for underwriting mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy.
- Underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases prior to processing by Operations
- Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business
- Develop colleague's knowledge to ensure cover exists during holidays and sickness periods and ensure holiday cover is fully planned for
- To work closely with NBA Buddy to support their ongoing development and increase their knowledge in their role, through effective coaching and feedback. To create an effective and efficient unit to maximise productivity whilst adhering to all quality and service measures.
- Represent Operations in ongoing UAT.
- Experience in Prime and Specialist lending as an Underwriter within mortgages
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
- Ability to coach other team members and members of the Operations Team
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage intermediary market and related FCA permissions is ideal
- Detailed understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews
This is a full-time working position working Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration, bonus and benefits package in addition to excellent career progression and development opportunities.
Please apply online to be considered.
- Mortgage Underwriter
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'