Our client, a well-established and successful specialist retail lending and savings group are looking to recruit a Mortgage Underwriter to join the team in Fareham.
The core responsibility of the Mortgage Underwriter role is the examination of all information necessary to complete a 1st & 2nd charge mortgage loans and the initiation of any contact that may be required of the client/broker/institution that may be necessary and the prevention of any potential fraud.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Brokers/Intermediaries
- Training Brokers/Intermediaries in systems, procedures and policies
- Responding to incoming customer telephone calls, identifying and then meeting customer requirements whilst providing a polite, professional and accurate response
- Promptly and accurately completing all related underwriting/administration activities
- The receipt and request of any outstanding documentation required to complete customer applications
- Updating Brokers where required as to any action taken with customer applications
- Ensuring the successful and accurate completion of a customer’s application
- Completing the underwriting checklist accurately and then obtaining a manager’s sign off
- Ensuring your own individual compliance with the company’s TCF policy
The successful candidate will have:
- 1yrs+ previous experience of working closely with brokers/intermediaries is desirable
- 1yrs+ previous experience in a role manually underwriting loans is essential
- Good understanding of credit reporting systems (with an ability to read, interpret and apply information obtained) is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (in particular Word and Excel) is essential
- Credit Reporting
- Mortgage Lending
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'